Saturday, November 26, 2011

Truth in the Tinsel Day 1

As we all know, I am not the greatest blogger so this may be my one and only post on this. Ha! My friend Tina posted on FB about an advent book called Truth in the Tinsel. I got it on Black Friday for $2.99 but to me, it is totally worth the list price of $4.99. It has a scripture verse, little lesson and craft for 24 days. It includes the templates, list of supplies (most of which were basic), strips for a paper chain and little squares with the day and topic if you wanted to make an advent calendar out of it.

Day 1 - Candle.

First I took the little squares and added magnet tape on the back. I love magnet tape. I had the kids put them all on the fridge. At first I thought it would be fun just to put them all over the fridge and make it sort of like a scavenger hunt to find the correct day. But my beaverish 7 year old had other ideas...
All nicely in order. That is sooo Andrew!

I had the boys get the 1st magnet off the fridge. . Then we did the Bible verse which was Isaiah 9:2-7 which talks about the people being in darkness and then ends with the well known message.. Unto us a child is given, a son is born and the government will be upon His shoulders.. It was over my children's heads except for all the names of God that is listed. But that's okay. I think most of the passages will be fine for them and I love that we are reading the actual Bible rather than just doing a story. We then light a candle and talked about how we have darkness in our hearts of sin and how God gave us the light of the world through his Son, Jesus.

Then I dashed off to Walgreens and Chris made these cute candle ornaments with Andrew and Peter. Peter very excitedly showed me his on the Christmas tree as soon as I got home. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment