Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The amazing power of prayer


When it comes to prayer, I have two favorite verses..

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them. " I love this verse because it doesn't say.. "He will hear us", it says "there am I among them".   Wow.

Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."   And I like this verse because it pretty much sums up my prayer life right now. One of these days I am going to get farther in my prayer than "Dear Lord"..yesterday was not that day.

I love to pray for other people and get the chance often as people are frequently sick, out of work, lost a loved one. I am not happy those things happened, of course, but I am happy to be able to pray for them. And when one of those things happens, there are FB posts, email blasts, etc etc. People aren't usually shy when they are hurt or sick to ask people to pray for them.

I am not physically sick but I am sick. I am not physically hurt but I am deeply hurt. And I am shy. For shyness comes when people have sickness that runs deep inside them that can't be explained in an email blast.   I love Matthew 18:20 also because of the words "where two or three".. I don't need a whole multitude of people praying for me right now. I have exactly 3 people who know what's going on with me right now and they are praying for me and I can feel the Lord's presence.  Yesterday, my CC director prayed over me and a peace washed over me in the middle of a prayer. Tears that had not been dried up for days were gone and I was at peace and I was able to teach my class that day. Satan would not have the best of me..not yesterday. I had a class to teach and I needed peace and I had no idea what to do and how to get that peace and it seemed so very hopeless.  If you have never felt hopeless, boy are you missing out.  You are missing out on seeing a healing that only the Lord can provide.  There was no greater joy than in the middle of the prayer feeling the Peace that passes all understanding.  I don't understand. I may never understand but I am so grateful that we can come to the Father through Jesus Christ and have the Holy Spirit intercede for us when we don't even have the words.  Because even though my director was able to express more words than my "Dear Lord" that I had already tried, I don't think it would be mattered. If she had been completely silent, the Lord still would have heard us.  Yesterday turned out to be a wonderful day filled with joy and peace and gratitude.

I am still sick though. In a way that I can't explain to you and won't explain to you because well sorry but you are a just a blog. And even though we have become pretty buddy buddy lately, we aren't that close.  Sorry blog..

Thank you readers for all your kind words and messages lately. I get extremely self conscious when people tell me that they read my blog but you are all very kind and not a single one of you has called me crazy to my face  and I thank you for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment