Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Coconut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal

If you have never been over to Lynn's Kitchen Adventures, you gotta check it out. She has a lot of great recipes over there including all the baked oatmeals I love to make- Peanut Butter, Pumpkin and now Coconut.

I made adjustments to her recipe and came up with the following. I make a lot of changes because I don't want it to taste like straight oatmeal but I still am guessing it's better for you than Cookie Crisp cereal. :)

Coconut Baked Oatmeal

3 cups quick oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 TB melted butter (Lynn's recipe calls for coconut oil which I couldn't find)
2 eggs
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup yogurt - plain or vanilla - I used vanilla Greek yogurt
3/4 cup coconut (I used sweetened)
3/4 cups to 1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
1/2 cup brown sugar (optional topping - gives it a crispier top)

Combine all ingredients from oatmeal to coconut. Then mix in chocolate chips. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake in 350 oven for 20-25 minutes.

My kids and I will eat through a 9x13 pan of this and any of the other baked oatmeals in no time flat and I even have one kid who won't touch traditional oatmeal but likes this.

No comments:

Post a Comment